8/10/11

The History Of: The Cartier Love Bracelet


Images: weheartit.com

The Cartier Love Bracelet was designed in 1969 by Aldo Cipullo for the french jeweler Cartier, and still remains a classic design today.  The bracelet was intentionally designed to resemble a medieval chastity belt.  It can only be taken off with a small screw driver, such as the one that comes with the bracelet shown above.  The screwdriver is also available in the form of a necklace for one partner to wear as a sign of commitment.  I think this bracelet is simple and elegant, I do not care for the ones encrusted with diamonds, and can be worn with almost any outfit.  But depending on how difficult it is to take the bracelet off could defer me from wanting to wear one.  This bracelet remains internationally beloved to this day and has spawned an entire line of jewelry inspired by the original.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I could convince my husband to buy me one of this beautiful bracelets :) So pretty and classic.

    http://redsolesandredwine.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They will be in style forever, maybe one day he will! Thanks for reading!

    -JD

    ReplyDelete